We have canceled our Kickstarter campaign, but you can still preorder here and get the Kickstarter deal!
Our Kickstarter campaign kicked off last Tuesday achieving 10% of our $10,000 target in just 2 hours! WOW!
Storybooks on Kickstarter
You may be wondering why I turned to Kickstarter to launch the new recipe storybook series? Well, there were a few reasons…
– To get more brand exposure, rather than just putting it on the website, this is a way to be seen by potentially thousands of people
– Storybooks on Kickstarter seem to have a mixture of success, to start with there aren’t actually that many, which could be a good or bad thing, I chose to think of it as a good thing
– Forces us as a business to really focus on marketing and sales for a time period, I often find that you get all fired up and do something well for a while, then it falls off, but with Kickstarter we are investing a lot of time and money so this will really focus us
– It gives us the money up front to develop the series, rather than spending and then recouping. Having said that $10,000 will not pay for all the book illustration, but it definitely gives us a start
– A way to measure demand. We did an expo a few weeks ago, where there was a lot of fantastic feedback on the personalised recipe storybooks, but that was a smallish group of people. By putting this on Kickstarter we are reaching a global audience and therefore global feedback!
Promotion So Far
I have read so much about what you should and shouldn’t for a Kickstarter campaign, but at the end of the day I think it is about knowing your audience. This is what I have been doing to promote the campaign, I will report back at the end as to what was most effective…
– Facebook ads in Australia, UK, USA and NZ
– Press release to Australian, USA and UK media focusing on business and parenting (I have a fabulous freelance PR who I work with)
– Video for the campaign which is being spruiked everywhere made by Bake
– Emailing our database
– Emailing friends and family
– Posting in the slack groups I am part of
– Posting on LinkedIn
– Blog on this website
– Facebook and Instagram live’s for launch day
In all social media and emails I have asked people to share the link, lots of people want to help, but won’t necessarily want to buy a book and this way they can.
Kickstarter to Date
Since last Tuesday we have now raised $1988 which is nearly 20% of our target. The harder work needs to start now to promote the campaign to get the other 80% of the pledges we need, so I better go do that!